- Blue Friday is Friday April 28th from 5:45 to 10:00 am. Learn More.
- 6th Annual Blue Friday Blue Knights Fallen Officer's Memorial Ride Saturday May 20th. Learn More.
Trooper Brian S. Falb
New York State Police
End of Watch: Mon., March 13, 2017
Trooper Brian Falb died as the result of cancer that he developed following his assignment to the search and recovery efforts at the World Trade Center site following the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.
Trooper Falb had served with the New York State Police for 18 years and was assigned to Troop B. He is survived by his wife and four children.
Deputy Sheriff Kevin M Haverly
Greene County Sheriff's Office
End of Watch: Tue., February 28, 2017
Deputy Sheriff Kevin Haverly was killed in a single vehicle crash on Route 23, in Ashland, at approximately 6:15 am.
He was returning to the agency's satellite office in Ashland at the end of his midnight shift when his patrol SUV left the roadway and struck a utility pole.
Deputy Haverly had served with the Greene County Sheriff's Office for four years. He is survived by his wife, three children, mother, and sister.
Blue Friday of New York, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 corporation which was established to help to assist the families of law enforcement officers who are killed or seriously injured in the line of duty as well as the families of officers who have died outside the line of duty if needed. Our goal is to make sure the family knows that “They are not forgotten and they will never stand alone”.
Blue Friday assists in providing the resources needed by the families or co-workers of law enforcement officers killed or seriously injured in the line of duty on:
- survivor victimization issues and grief counseling
- assists the families in their attending the National Police Memorial in Washington, DC
- assists the law enforcement agencies or the families in the paperwork process for a line of duty death.
- will train the representatives of the different Law Enforcement agencies on how to cope with and how to apply for the benefits for a line of duty death.